To whiten teeth at home without harm to enamel is difficult, but possible
Let's try to whiten teeth at home without harm to our enamel. For these purposes, you can use as high-quality bleaching gels, pencils, dental strips, and proven folk remedies.
Teeth before and after bleaching
The main active ingredient in whitening gels is most often hydrogen peroxide. Another inorganic compound, called carbamide peroxide, which is more gentle to the tooth enamel, but less active, can be added to such formulations. Bleaching in both cases occurs due to active oxygen released by peroxide upon contact with enamel.
Gels are among the highest quality products. Smile4You and ExpertWhitening. Good proved the compositions Opalescence, Colgate and Pola day. The less expensive include funds from Lumibrite.
Professional gels used in dental clinics have a similar composition. However, to speed up a chemical reaction, so-called photobleaching with ultraviolet, LED, halogen or laser irradiation is used. Using such methods, bleaching for 8-12 tones is performed very quickly - within an hour.
The whitening gel on the teeth at home can be applied with a conventional toothbrush or brush. Very often, the kit includes caps (covers, put on the teeth), in which the gel is laid. Depending on the concentration of peroxide, the duration of the procedure is from 30 minutes to several hours. To achieve a visible result may require from 3 to 15 procedures.
The whitening gel on the teeth at home can be applied with a conventional toothbrush or brush. Very often, the kit includes caps, which lay the gel
However, some cheap gels designed for home use may contain fairly aggressive acids that destroy enamel, so you should choose only products from proven manufacturers for bleaching. When using low-quality gels may damage the enamel, as well as burns of the oral cavity.
Tip! In the presence of thinned and "soft" tooth enamel, any bleaching procedures, including in dental clinics, are contraindicated! Especially since the effect will not last long. Damaged enamel will begin, like a sponge, to absorb any coloring matter.
Whitening pencils are included in the line of many manufacturers. In fact, these are ordinary tubes in which the same gel is placed. Its application is made with a brush, brush or special sponge, included in the kit. The amount of the applied composition is always indicated on the package.
To carry out the procedure it is necessary:
- rinse teeth, removing food debris;
- wipe them with a dry cloth;
- apply the required amount of gel;
- wait from 1 to 10 minutes (mouth should be kept open);
- wash off the gel (in some cases, it can evaporate from the surface of the teeth, so mouth rinsing is not required);
- after the procedure, eating and drinking for an hour is not recommended.
The pencil is similar in composition and principle of action with a whitening gel.
Tip! Do not use such tools in the presence of briquettes. The whitening effect in this case will be uneven. In addition, bleaching agents can cause metal corrosion.
With the help of such strips you can lighten your teeth by 1-4 tones. Externally, they are flexible plates coated with a gel containing hydrogen peroxide or carbamide. When you remove the protective sticker, it starts to activate, producing oxygen ions:
- the procedure is performed 1-2 times a day at regular intervals;
- the time of its holding, depending on the composition of the gel, can vary from 5 to 30 minutes;
- longer strips are glued to the upper row of teeth; a narrow strip is placed on the bottom row;
- each strip is designed for single use;
- after removing the bleaching agent, rinse the teeth and then clean them with toothpaste;
- Since the enamel softens slightly during the procedure, colored drinks, coffee, tea, wine, beets, etc. should not be consumed within 2-4 weeks after bleaching.
With the help of such strips you can lighten your teeth by 1-4 tones.
Tip! Ideal white tooth enamel does not exist. It necessarily has a slightly yellowish, bluish or slight gray tinge, and the color features of the teeth are genetically determined. If there is no plaque on your teeth from smoking, coffee or tea, you should not whiten them. You only damage the healthy enamel.
Tea tree oil
Essential oil obtained from the leaves of melaleuka - a tree of the myrtle family - is not only an excellent antiseptic, but also able to soften plaque and slightly lighten the enamel. However, to achieve a visible effect is possible only with its prolonged use.
Bleaching with the help of this tool occurs more carefully - because it does not contain aggressive or abrasive substances. You can use it during brushing. To do this, a regular toothpaste is applied to the brush first, and then 1-2 drops of tea tree oil are added. A similar effect is obtained by rinsing teeth with boiled water, to which a few drops of the product are added.
Tea tree oil softens plaque
Tip! A couple of drops are enough to get the effect. A more concentrated composition will pinch the tongue.
Wood Ash, Activated Carbon
Wood ash has long been used as a light abrasive tool for cleaning teeth. Activated carbon has a similar effect, as a matter of fact, it is specially treated (“loosened”) wood ash.
Making whitening toothpaste with wood ash itself is easy.
Completely burned wood is sifted through a fine strainer, and then the resulting powder is mixed with sour milk (acid will help soften the plaque slightly). This "paste" must be brushed a couple of times a week.
Wood ash or activated carbon acts as abrasive elements.
Tip! Thinned with a lack of calcium, the enamel very quickly absorbs any coloring matter. In order to always have strong and white healthy teeth, you should regularly use dairy products, and visit the dentist at least once every six months.
Lemon, sour berries, apple cider vinegar
The acid contained in lemons, strawberries, sour apples or apple cider vinegar can adversely affect the quality of enamel, so you should use them carefully for bleaching, no more than 1 time per week:
- Method 1: rub your teeth with lemon peel or strawberries, hold your mouth open for a couple of minutes and then rinse it with water;
- Method 2: Squeeze a couple of drops of lemon or strawberry juice onto a brush, add toothpaste, and brush your teeth with this mixture;
- Method 3: Add baking soda to the above mixture, which, when combined with acid, can loosen dental plaque;
- Method 4: rinse your teeth with boiled water and lemon juice or apple cider vinegar.
Acid from fruits and berries can also soften plaque.
Tip! The acid contained in vegetables or fruits will not only whiten your teeth, but also eliminate unpleasant odors and disinfect the oral cavity.
Hot coca cola
It turns out that this drink, when heated, is also able to cope even with a strong patina. After a few rinses with hot Coca-Cola, even the teeth blackened by nicotine and frequent use of tea and coffee can be put in order.
Before bleaching, they must be brushed off food deposits. The drink must be preheated to the temperature of hot tea. Rinse the mouth they should be no more than 5 minutes. In this case, Coca-Cola should be hot enough, but not burning.
Coca-Cola is often used in households as a cleaning agent. It is also suitable for teeth whitening
Tip! Recently, a lot of information about the negative effects of Coca-Cola on the body, especially for the gastrointestinal tract, has appeared, so you should not abuse it.
As you know, hydrogen peroxide is part of many expensive bleaching gels. Why not use the methods of professionals and do not include it in the home arsenal of oral care products?
Hydrogen peroxide is a fairly aggressive substance, so you need to use it wisely. Too concentrated can cause serious damage to enamel:
- pharmaceutical preparation with a concentration of 3% is intended for antiseptic treatment of the skin; For a more delicate mucous membrane, such a solution is not suitable - it must be diluted with water (an ideal ratio of 1: 1), and rinse the mouth with this mixture;
- peroxide can be added to regular toothpaste when cleaning, 1-2 drops will be more than enough;
Hydrogen peroxide is a fairly aggressive substance, so you need to use it wisely.
- It is possible to more actively affect the enamel with a mixture of peroxide and baking soda; peroxide in this case will act as baking powder, and baking soda - an abrasive agent, cleansing the "risen" plaque;
- the mixture is applied to the teeth for 2-3 minutes using a cotton swab and left for a few minutes; Then rinse the mouth with water.
Tip! The best cure for plaque are ordinary apples, especially sour varieties. Eating only 1-2 of these fruits a day will easily and effectively help cope with the bloom. And the harder the apple is, the more effectively it will massage the gums and clean the teeth.
Baking soda, table salt
The simplest method of whitening is brushing your teeth with baking soda. It, as well as in the previous cases, is added to toothpaste or mixed with plain water until a thick slurry is formed. Since baking soda is a fairly strong antibacterial agent and can have a detrimental effect on most harmful bacteria, after cleaning, you can leave it in your mouth for a couple of minutes, and only then rinse your mouth with water.
Unfortunately, baking soda, like any other abrasive agent, with prolonged use can not only clean the teeth, but also remove the upper layers of enamel. Therefore, it is necessary to use it no more than 2-3 times a month.
The simplest method of whitening is brushing your teeth with baking soda.
Regular salt has an abrasive effect similar to baking soda. For cleaning, it is necessary to use only salt of small fractions - large crystals can damage the delicate mucous membrane.
Tip! During pregnancy, tooth enamel becomes thinner, so it is not recommended to whiten them at this time.
To make teeth always white
In conclusion, we offer you some tips for teeth care:
- any colored drinks (juices, carbonated drinks, red wines) can color the teeth in an undesirable color, therefore it is better to drink them through a straw;
- the cleaning procedure should begin with the use of dental floss - rotting food debris between the teeth can contribute to the development of caries;
- high-quality toothpastes can cope with a small touch, so you should not ignore them; they must be used twice a day;
- brushing your teeth is necessary for at least 3-5 minutes;
- since harmful bacteria can accumulate not only on the teeth, but also on the tongue and gums, it is also necessary to clean them;
- after eating, you must use a special rinser with antibacterial composition; in its absence, it is better to rinse your mouth with at least plain water or eat an apple;
- it is better to eat any food with a small piece of cheese - the calcium contained in it will save teeth from caries; at the end of the meal, you can eat a small piece of dark chocolate that can neutralize the destructive effect of sugars;
Since harmful bacteria can accumulate not only on the teeth, but also on the tongue and gums, it is necessary to clean them and
- the use of gum helps to remove food residues, as well as stimulate the release of saliva, which neutralizes the action of acids; but, since chewing gum gums are quite capable of “pulling out” even firmly seated fillings, they should not be abused - they should be chewed for no more than a couple of minutes;
- if there is not enough fluoride in drinking water, it is better to buy special fluorinated toothpastes; However, an excess of this substance also adversely affects the health of the oral cavity, as well as its lack;
Before purchasing cleaning products, you should first ask about the amount of fluoride in natural waters in your area of residence.