Even with a minimum of products you can make a tasty and healthy dish. In classic climbing, cooks use dough sheets. With them the dish turns out very nourishing, but hard for the stomach. The lighter option - lasagna lasagna - has a unique taste and fewer calories.
Basic ingredients for lasagna in pita breadThin lavash - one of the oldest types of bread in the Middle East and the Caucasus
The essential ingredients of classic lasagna from Armenian lavash are:
- bechamel (cream, flour, nutmeg, oregano, basil, milk, butter);
- meat filling (minced pork, chicken, beef);
- fresh tomatoes;
- tomato sauce.
Instead of the bechamel sauce, you can take other, lighter options:
- cream and sour cream in a ratio of 1: 1;
- low-fat kefir and chicken egg;
- ryazhenka and quail egg;
- tomato paste and yogurt in the ratio of 1: 1;
- Greek yogurt and herbs.
The filling can be not only meat, but also sea or vegetable.
Most commonly used:
- Bulgarian pepper;
Calorie dishesLasagna is another symbol of Italian cuisine, no less significant than pasta and pizza.
Nutritional value of 100 g of classic lasagna with pita:
- proteins - 8.9 g;
- carbohydrates - 9.39 g;
- Fat - 6.5 g.
Calorie content - 135.8 kcal (568.57 kJ) per 100 g of the finished dish.
Cooking methodsCookware for lasagna should be heat-resistant and reliable, best for this purpose is suitable form of ceramics and refractory glass, cast-iron dishes or container with non-stick coating
In restaurants, classic lasagna is cooked in the oven, but at home you can use an oven or a slow cooker.
Lasagne itself can also be collected in many ways. In addition to the standard form, when the sheets of pita are stacked on top of each other, there is another, more interesting option. A whole sheet of pita is smeared with bechamel sauce, spread on it stuffing, sprinkled with grated cheese and rolled in the form of a roll. Roll greased with egg and baked in the oven or in a slow cooker.
In the oven
Unlike the classic version with sheets of dough lasagna from pita at a temperature of 180 ° C is prepared in the oven for 20-25 minutes. Before you put the pan, the oven must be heated for 15-20 minutes.
Step-by-step recipe for cooking in a hurry:
- Lavash sheets cut to shape size. Grease the bottom of the form with olive oil
- Fry the minced meat, add tomato paste and grated tomatoes to it. For vegetable lasagna, vegetables are cut into small cubes, fried in vegetable oil for 5-7 minutes. In the process of roasting, you should crush the minced meat with a spatula or spoon so that the lumps are as small as possible
- Prepare the bechamel sauce. In the fried flour (3 tablespoons) add melted butter (50 g), cream (4 tablespoons), spices and salt. Pour warm milk (0.5 L) into the mixture. Stir until the sauce thickens. Bechamel cream can be replaced with milk or meat broth
- Put the first sheet in the form, put a part of the meat filling on top. Meat filling can be made from any minced meat or sausages with the addition of onions and vegetables
- Pour over bechamel.
- Lay out the second sheet, repeat the whole process.
- In the same way to form the rest of the lasagna, smear the last sheet with sauce and sprinkle with grated cheese. The top layer is smeared with sauce so that during the preparation a ruddy crust is formed
To prevent the pita leaves from breaking during cooking, they must first be soaked in the sauce for 10-15 minutes.
For those who do not have enough time for a long cooking, the recipe for "lazy" lasagna will do. In this version, you do not need to cook bechamel, just mix the sour cream with chopped garlic, salt and spices and slush the pita bread with the filling.
If instead of meat stuffing add cottage cheese, dried fruit, a little sour cream and sugar, you get tasty sweet lasagna made from thin pita. You can also add apples, cherries, pears, strawberries, peaches to the filling.
In the multicookerThere can be any number of layers in a lasagna - usually up to seven, the topmost layer is smeared with sauce and sprinkled with cheese
To cook lasagna in a slow cooker, you need the "Baking" mode. This mode helps to preserve the richness of the finished dish. In the oven, the lasagna is more dry. Cooking time 25-30 minutes. The sauce and the stuffing is cooked on the stove.
Stages of cooking:
- Grease the form with butter.
- From the sheets cut a circle that coincides in diameter with the bowl of the multicooker.
- Prepare the filling and bechamel in the same way as in the recipe for the oven.
- Lay out the first sheet, distribute part of the meat or vegetable filling, pour over its sauce.
- Repeat layers, smearing each layer with sauce.
- Cover the last sheet with lasagna, tucking the edges of the pita inside. Pour over the sauce and sprinkle with any cheese.
- Leave the dish is prepared on the "Baking". After 15 minutes, it is necessary to open the multicooker lid so that the cheese crust will redden.
- After 25-30 minutes, remove the lasagna with a wire grill. And it is also possible before the start of cooking to lay a bowl with parchment for baking, then the finished dish will not stick to the walls of the bowl.
Options for cooking lasagna in pita bread with additional ingredients
The classic lasagna lasagna recipe with minced meat is certainly good, but to diversify your menu, you can add additional ingredients (chicken, cheese, mushrooms, etc.).
With ChikenChicken lasagna served hot, pre-decorated with greens
Instead of minced pork or beef, you can use chicken. Finely chopped fillet pieces are fried with onions and bell peppers, black pepper, salt, basil and oregano are added. Chicken goes well with tomatoes. Chicken fillet can also be scrolled through a meat grinder, or, conversely, cut into thin strips, beat off and put on pita bread.
With cheeseThe ideal Lasagna cheese is Parmesan, which is sometimes mixed with mozzarella, ricotta or mascarpone.
You can not only sprinkle the ready lasagna with cheese, but also add it directly between the layers.
For lasagna you can use:
- Dor Blue;
- any other solid varieties.
If the dish with lasagne is covered with foil during cooking, then 10-15 minutes before the end of it is necessary to remove it so that the cheese crust turns red.
The finished dish must be left to cool for 7-10 minutes so that it does not spread out during serving or cutting.
With mushroomsMushrooms give the lasagna a delicious, appetizing flavor
Mushrooms in the filling will help to make the taste of lasagna lavash richer and more interesting. It is possible to use not only champignons, but also aspen mushrooms, boletus mushrooms and chanterelles collected in the forest with their own hands.
Mushrooms are best combined with chicken fillet. The ingredients are cut into small cubes, first fry the mushrooms, after 10-15 minutes they add chicken. Sprinkle the stuffing with a mixture of oregano and basil, salt to taste.
Thin lavash lasagna is a great option for a quick dinner or treat for guests who suddenly appear on the doorstep. For cooking, it is best to use a ceramic or glass form. In thick-walled dishes, the bottom sheets will quickly burn and spoil the taste of the Italian dish.